“Making the elderly happy, that is what counts.”
– Saint Jeanne Jugan, foundress of the Little Sisters of the Poor
The Little Sisters of the Poor trust in God’s Providence and the goodness of others to provide for the needs of our Residents.
Medicaid and Medicare cover only about 60 percent of our operating expenses. The cost of caring for the elderly in a manner respectful of their dignity far exceeds the income received from the Residents’ pensions, Social Security and Medicaid.
And though our limited resources are always stretched to meet the needs of those in our care—especially in these challenging economic times—we continue to trust in God’s Providence and the goodness of others to help us provide for the needs of the Jeanne Jugan Residence. This might seem like a dangerously naïve answer in today’s complex healthcare environment, but trust is what has sustained generations of Little Sisters for over 130 years in Rhode Island.
As Little Sisters of the Poor, we devote our lives to making the elderly happy, but we cannot do it without your support. Please consider making a gift to help us continue providing exceptional care and spiritual support to the elderly in need.
Like Saint Jeanne Jugan, we recognize that our benefactors are indispensable partners in our mission. And like her, we pray for them every day! You and your intentions will be remembered in the prayers of the Residents and Little Sisters who thank God for all who reach out to help us.
Through God all things are possible!
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, donations to the Little Sisters of the Poor at Jeanne Jugan Residence are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Our corporate name is: Home for the Aged of the Little Sisters of the Poor. Our tax I.D. number is: 52-0715244.
For more information on how you can support Jeanne Jugan Home contact Danielle Woodbine at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 305-4001
Ways to donate:
- Online donation: Click here to donate
- Mail a check to: Development Office, Little Sisters of the Poor, Jeanne Jugan Residence, 964 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
- Gifts in Kind: businesses and individuals donate needed items such as food, personal care items, and office supplies. AA and AAA Batteries, Paper Towels, Hard candy, Gift Cards for restaurants/gas stations/Walmart/grocery stores/garden centers/etc.
- The Little Sisters graciously accept new and gently used items including (but not limited to) craft supplies, personal care items, medical equipment and supplies. All items can be delivered to the front entrance. No appointment is necessary.
- Bequest or Estate Gift: make a lasting gift that will help the Sisters provide for the elderly poor for many years to come. Here is some simple bequest language you can take to your attorney: “I, [name], of [city, state, zip], give devise and bequeath to the Little Sisters of the Poor Jeanne Jugan Residence in Pawtucket, RI [insert written amount of gift, percentage of the estate or residuary of estate, or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Stock transfer: contact our Development Office for instructions.
- Workplace Matching Gift: find out if your company has a matching gift program. We are happy to submit any forms your company requires in order to match your gift.
- Host your own fundraiser: we look forward to hearing your ideas.
- Tribute & Memorial Gifts: these gifts can be in memory of a loved one or to honor a special person in your life.
- The gift of service: Click here to learn more about volunteering in our Home.
- Church collections: It is always a pleasure to visit the parishes throughout Rhode Island on week-ends to pray with friends and receive their help. It gives us a chance to greet many of our old friends and make new ones.
- Attend One of Our Many Annual Events: Click here to join us for one of our annual events and meet our Sisters and Residents while supporting our ministry.
We are always in need of the following items. So please consider donating a “Wish List” item.
- Body and Hand Lotions
- Anti_bacterial Hand Soap
- Mouthwash & Denture Tablets
- Office Supplies
- Postage Stamps
- AA and AAA Batteries
- Paper Towels
- Hard candy
- Gift Cards for restaurants/gas stations/Walmart/grocery stores/garden centers/etc.
- Passes for outings (local concerts, museums, or events)
- HP Ink Cartridges